What causes low back pain?
Low back pain can be caused by a number of factors from injuries to the effects of aging. The spinal cord is protected by the vertebrae, which are made of bone. Between each vertebra are soft discs with a ligamentous outer layer. These discs function as shock absorbers to protect the vertebra and the spinal cord. Many of the problems that cause back pain are the result of either a herniation or degeneration of the intervertebral disc. Degeneration is a result of wear and tear causing deterioration of the disc. Herniations, or bulging of the disc, are protrusions from the disc that press on surrounding nerves, causing pain or numbness.
If I undergo DRX9000™ treatment, how long does it take to see results?
Most patients report a reduction in pain after the first few sessions. Typically, significant improvement is obtained by the second week of treatment.
How long does it take to complete DRX9000™ treatment?
Treatment sessions last 30 minutes. Protocol depends on specific condition and is determined by the physician.
Do I qualify for the DRX9000™ treatment?
While many patients will qualify for treatment on the DRX9000™, there are inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Pain due to herniated and bulging lumbar discs that has lasted for more than four weeks.
- Recurrent pain from a failed back surgery that has lasted more than six months.
- Persistent pain from degenerated disc not responding to four weeks of therapy.
- Patients available for four weeks of treatment protocol.
- Patient at least 18 years of age.
- Appliances such as pedicle screws and rods
- Prior lumbar fusion less than six months ago
- Metastatic cancer
- Severe osteoporosis
- Spondylolisthesis (unstable)
- Compression fracture of lumbar spine below L-1 (recent)
- Pars defect
- Pathologic aortic aneurysm
- Pelvic or abdominal cancer
- Disc space infections
- Severe peripheral neuropathy
- Hemiplegia, paraplegia, or cognitive dysfunction.
Are there any side effects to the treatment?
Most patients do not experience any side effects. In some instances, there have been some mild cases of muscle spasm for a short period of time.